The Union Hotel

The Union Hotel was established by the Murray family in La Porte, California in 1855. Originally known as the Kittis Hotel, it was renamed in 1860 in honor of local Union soldiers.


The original structure was destroyed by fire, and rebuilt in 1906. The only surviving structural element is the brick safe which stands at the center of the hotel.